Data protection is important to KAEFER. Please note that data contained on the KAEFER website is for information purposes only and not for any other use and distribution.
Information in accordance with Art. 13/14 of the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”
Apart from the website, we also process personal data as part of our business activities. Information on this data processing and your data protection claims and rights, which also affect data processing on our website, can be found in our data protection information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Data protection declaration
As an EU-based company, the KAEFER Group takes data protection and the new provisions of the GDPR Data Protection Regulation very seriously. The data and photos displayed on the KAEFER website are for your information only. Further distribution or use of the contents by third parties is not permitted. We ask for your compliance. This applies particularly to all personal data mentioned there including photographs of any persons (individual or group photos).
This data protection declaration serves to inform visitors to the KAEFER website in accordance with the provisions of Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR (Duty to provide information). This only concerns information regarding the data processing procedures associated with visiting the website.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as method and purpose of their use
a) Data processing when visiting the KAEFER website
When you visit the KAEFER website, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored for a short time only:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforesaid data will be processed by KAEFER for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the KAEFER website,
- Ensuring the KAEFER website is user-friendly,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
- For other administrative and statistical purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. KAEFER’s legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances does KAEFER use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
3. Forwarding of personal data to third parties
Your personal data will not be forwarded to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties, if:
- you have given your express consent
- the disclosure is necessary in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data (legitimate interest),
- there is a legal obligation for the disclosure as well as this being legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookies that is generated in connection with the specific end user device that is used. However, this does not mean that KAEFER will immediately become aware of your identity.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. On our website, however, a pop-up will appear which allows you to agree or disagree with the use of different types of cookies. Nonetheless, completely deactivating cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of the KAEFER website.
If you would like to adjust the selection of the types of cookies allowed, you can use this link to reopen the pop-up and make your changes.
4.1 Essential cookies
KAEFER only uses "Essential Cookies" that are technically indispensable for the operation of the website. Their use is intended to ensure reliable and smooth use of our website. The data processed by these cookies is permitted for the above-mentioned purposes to safeguard the legitimate interests of KAEFER and third parties in accordance with Article 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
As essential cookies, KAEFER mainly uses so-called “session cookies” to distinguish between different users who access the website at the same time. This means, for example, that login data on the investor portal is assigned to the user so that access can be granted accordingly. These are automatically deleted after leaving the KAEFER website.
In addition, a cookie is set which stores the selection made by the user and therefore only the accepted cookies are used.
In extremely rare circumstances, an "alternative startpage" can be placed in front of the website to display current information, e.g. for a crisis or an accident. Whether or not an alternative startpage is connected upstream at the time of a user's visit must also be stored in a cookie.
We also use a cookie to prevent CSRF attacks (Cross-Site Request Forgery). An attacker can launch a CSRF attack if he knows which parameters and value combinations are used in a form. Adding an additional parameter by using a cookie with a value unknown to the attacker and verifiable by the server can prevent CSRF attacks.
4.2 Cookies for improved usability
4.3 Statistics cookies (Google Analytics)
Insofar as you agree to the use of the statistics cookies, KAEFER will use the " Statistics Cookies" listed below. The tracking measures we use are carried out based on Article 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO (your consent).
In order to keep the website technically operational, we use Google Analytics. KAEFER uses Google Analytics for the purpose of tailoring the design of the KAEFER website to suit individual requirements and for the ongoing optimisation of the website. Google Analytics is a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created which document movements, dwell times and other technical parameters using cookies.
On our website, IP anonymisation has been activated so that your IP address is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the European Economic Area agreement. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
The following data is affected:
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request.
The anonymised usage data is used to evaluate the use of the KAEFER website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and the internet for the purposes of market research and the design of these Internet pages in line with market requirements. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of KAEFER. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are made anonymous, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
If you would like to adjust the selection of the types of cookies allowed, you can use the following link to reopen the pop-up and make your changes:
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookies and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google through the downloading and installation of a 'browser add-on' (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, please note that if you do so, not all functions of the KAEFER website may be fully functional.
For further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Analytics Help Desk (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
5. Data processing with plug.ins and links
KAEFER uses plug-ins and links on the KAEFER website on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR in order to make the KAEFER Group better known. The underlying advertising purpose is regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The responsibility for data protection-compliant operation is to be guaranteed by the provider in question. These plug-ins and links are integrated by KAEFER by means of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to KAEFER’s website in the best way possible.
KAEFER uses a button to connect the social network LinkedIn in several places. This is only a link and not a so-called "social plugin". If you do not use the button, no information is transmitted to LinkedIn and no LinkedIn cookie is placed on your computer.
As soon as you click the button, without being logged in to LinkedIn, the login screen of LinkedIn opens in a new window after confirmation via the two-click method. In that case, it is possible that LinkedIn places a cookie on your hard drive. KAEFER acquires no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted and how LinkedIn uses it.
Sites contained within LinkedIn are operated exclusively by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94304, USA (LinkedIn). The data LinkedIn collects on these pages is therefore outside KAEFER's sphere of knowledge and influence.
Further details on data collection and to your legal rights as well as setting options can be obtained from LinkedIn. These are available athttp://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy&trk=hb_ft_priv.
c) Use of Google Maps when searching for KAEFER sites:
The KAEFER website makes use of the Google Maps map service via an API. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. KAEFER has therefore integrated the above-mentioned map service into its website in order to make your journey to one of our locations as convenient as possible and to allow you to calculate your route and distance. This forms part of our customer service. This represents a legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 I sentence f GDPR.
6. Your rights
You have the following rights:
- To request information about your personal data processed by KAEFER pursuant to Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their specifications.
- To immediately request the amendment of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by KAEFER pursuant to Article 16 GDPR.
- To request the deletion of your personal data stored by KAEFER pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- To request, pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, the restriction of the processing of your personal data, if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and KAEFER no longer needs the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR.
- To request, pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, that the personal data you have provided to KAEFER is received in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to transfer the data to another responsible person;
- In accordance with Article 7 para. 3 GDPR, you may revoke your consent to KAEFER at any time. Consequently, KAEFER is no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future.
- In accordance with Article 77 GDPR you can complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at KAEFER's headquarters.
7. Right of recourse
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, if there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In case of the latter, you have a general right of recourse, which KAEFER will implement without specifying a particular situation.
8. Data security
During your visit to the KAEFER website, KAEFER uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, KAEFER uses a 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of KAEFER’s website is transmitted in encrypted form is determined by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
In addition, KAEFER also uses appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. The security measures are continuously improved upon, in line with technological developments.